General Security Awareness Training
This 40-minute online course builds awareness of vital information security concepts by using a stimulating and creative approach that engages and challenges the learner. Realistic examples are presented that add relevance and increase learner comprehension. The goal is to create informed employees who make better data protection decisions and lower the risk to your organization’s IT assets.
The course can act as a foundational component of your security awareness program and help your employees understand how good data protection practices relate to their individual actions and behaviors. An integrated assessment tracks learner comprehension and understanding of key data protection concepts.
- Understanding Security Threats
- Practicing Safe Computing
- Protecting and Handling Data
- Practicing Safe Remote & Mobile Computing
- Physical Security Protection
- Course Assessment
- Security Resources
- Highly engaging and interactive elements
- Developed to be easily tailored or customized
- SCORM and AICC compliant for easy LMS integration
- Developed to ease translation and localization
Course Outline: Security Awareness
Lesson 1: Understanding Security Threats
- Types of Security Threats
- Examples of Social Engineering
- Examples of Malware
- Malware Warning Signs
Lesson 2: Practicing Safe Computing
- Password Guidelines
- Email and Internet Best Practices
- Instant Messenger
- System Protection Software
Lesson 3: Protecting Data
- Data Classifications
- Data Storage and Retention
- File Transfers Via FTP
- System Backup
Lesson 4: Practicing Safe Remote and Mobile Computing
- Working in Public Places
- Protecting Mobile Computing and Communication Devices
- Public Wireless Connections
- Wireless Connections at Home
- Remote Access to Company Network
- Traveling Securely
Lesson 5: Protecting Data
- Securing Work Areas and Resources
- Access Control
- Emergency Preparation
Security Resources and Links
Why Choose AppSec Consulting?
- Expert Training Staff. Our training consultants are some of the best trained professionals in the industry with hands-on experience in various Information Security topics.
- Flexible Options. The choice of Instructor Led Training, Web-based Training, or a combination of both to meet your needs.
- Achieve Compliance. Whether it’s training a large group of IT stakeholders or teaching developers secure development practices, AppSec has a variety of courses to address help improve your information security program.
What You Get
- High Quality Content – content that is relevant to training goals and objectives.
- Real World Examples – training content based on actual real-world examples.
- Hands-on Workshops/Assessments –exercises/assessments that help reinforce learning objectives
- Buy a “Best of Class” turnkey solution that can be fully operational in a matter of weeks. Add your own logo, company contact information, and include links to your policies and procedures.
- Personalize your training experience by enhancing or deleting content within the course, add your own executive message, or include PDF documents and links to other supporting materials.
- Customize course content to meet the specific and unique needs of your organization. This includes modifying or creating new pages (e.g., adding industry examples and case studies) or modifying existing voice-over and graphics. This solution is ideal for companies that have very specific needs.
- Access, Manage, and Track - The courseware is SCORM and AICC complaint, which means that it can be easily integrated into your organization’s Learning Management System (LMS). Don’t have an LMS? We provide affordable, secure, on-demand hosting services